An Irish coffee cocktail by Georgio Milos to get you ready for another day of drinking.
Illy’s Irish Coffee
Illy created this recipe 14 years ago in Italy and it has been a festive favorite served in many of their cafes. Irish coffee is made using illy espresso lightly sweetened with raw sugar, gently stirred into warm Irish whiskey, finished with lightly whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder.
Ingredients: illy espresso, Irish whisky, granulated sugar, heavy cream, coffee beans, cocoa beans & cocoa powder
6 oz (180 cc) FREDDO GLASS
1. In a small steaming pitcher, add 1 1/2 oz (45 cc) Irish whiskey.
2. Add 2 tsp granulated sugar.
3. Heat the liqueur and sugar for a few seconds using the steam wand on the espresso machine. Pour into serving glass.
4. Prepare 2 oz (60 cc) espresso and add to serving glass. Gently stir.
5. In a small bowl or mixing cup add 2 oz (60 cc) heavy cream. Lightly whip so that it is still a liquid.
6. Starting at the edge of the glass slowly pour/float 2oz (60 cc) heavy cream on top of the coffee.
7. Garnish with two coffee beans and a dusting of cocoa powder.
About Master Barista Giorgio Milos:
Giorgio Milos a Specialty Coffee Association of Europe-certified Trainer and Master Barista, Italian Barista Champion and top World Barista Championship contender, and now illy’s North American Barista in Residence — a barista’s work starts with understanding how coffee grows, then applying a scientist’s curiosity to the complex chain of chemical reactions and variables that create pleasure in the cup. Giorgio can be followed on Twitter (@Giorgio_Milos), Instagram (@MasterBarista), Tumblr (MasterBarista.Tumblr.com).