Saturday, June 21st marks the official first day of summer, and what better way to celebrate the summer solstice than with specialty cocktails from Tequila Don Julio.
Created by NYC Mixologist Thomas Waugh
1 ounce Tequila Don Julio Añejo
1/2 ounce Coconut Infused Sweet Vermouth
1 dash Chocolate Molé Bitters
Smoked Cinnamon Stick for Garnish
**To create Coconut Infused Sweet Vermouth:
1 750 ml bottle Sweet Vermouth
1 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Add sweetened coconut flakes to a bottle of Sweet Vermouth.
- Let sit for 2 hours.
- Strain out coconut and add liquid back to the bottle.
- Label and refrigerate.
1. Combine Tequila Don Julio Añejo, coconut infused sweet vermouth and chocolate molé bitters into a mixing glass with ice and stir.
2. Strain contents into a rocks glass over one large piece of ice.
3. Garnish with smoked cinnamon stick.
Ideal Serving Glass: