Today is Martini Day. Let’s get something straight… not everything served in a martini glass is a ‘martini.’ The sweet and fruity creations are simply cocktails served in a martini glass. We decided to celebrate the day with this organic creation from Graham Chase.
He created this cocktail for use at Blackberry Farm, a Relais & Chateaux resort located in Walland, TN. The Classically Organic Martini, is a wonderful way to relax in the afternoon or start your evening cocktailing before dinner. Originally the martini cocktail was made with equal parts of vodka or gin and vermouth. This cocktail stays true to that method and adds more flavors by garnishing with 3 olives stuffed with Blackberry Farm Ramp Jam, Smoked Onion Jam and Blue Cheese.
- 3oz. American Harvest Organic Vodka
- 1.5oz. Dolin Blanc Vermouth
- 2 dashes of Bitter Truth Orange Bitters
- 1 Olive stuffed with Blackberry Farm Ramp Jam
- 1 Olive stuffed with Blackberry Farm Blue Cheese
- 1 Olive stuffed with Blackberry Farm Smoked Onion Jam
In a mixing tin filled with ice, add the vodka, vermouth, and bitters. Stir until cold and then strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish the cocktail with the stuffed olives on a cocktail pick.