A solid addition to any Dapper Summer bash is the delicious Knob Creek Dog Days cocktail or mouthwatering popsicles made with Basil Hayden’s Bourbon.
The Knob Creek Dog Days cocktail combines Knob Creek Rye Whiskey, lemon juice, absinthe, simple syrup and ginger beer to create a cool, bright drink that will refresh you even on the hottest summer day.
Looking for a new way to enjoy a cocktail? Try Basil Hayden’s Berry Fresh and Spiced Chocolate Cooler popsicles for a fun and fresh alternative. Combining the bourbon’s trademark spicy finish with sweet berries or decadent dark chocolate and chipotle chili pepper creates a sensational taste that will get any end-of-summer party going.
Basil Hayden’s Spiced Chocolate Cooler
- 2 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 16 parts Low Fat Milk
- 1 1/2 parts Unsweetened Chocolate
- 1 1/2 parts Sugar
- 1 bar of Dark Chocolate (4 oz bar)
- 4-5 dashes of Chipotle Chili Pepper
1. In a saucepan over a low heat, combine milk, unsweetened chocolate, sugar and dark chocolate.
2. Warm, and stir continuously until all ingredients are combined. (Do not boil.)
3. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Add bourbon and chipotle chili pepper and stir.
5. Add to popsicle mold and freeze.
Basil Hayden’s Berry Fresh
- 7 parts Basil Hayden’s Bourbon
- 1 1/2 parts Elderflower
- 2 parts Water
- 2 parts Fresh Lime Juice
- 4-5 Strawberries, medium size
- 12 Blueberries
1. Poke a hole in each blueberry and soak in 4 parts of bourbon for 30 minutes. Set aside.
2. Add strawberries to cocktail shaker and muddle.
3. Add fresh lime juice, Elderflower syrup, remaining bourbon and water to the cocktail shaker and shake hard.
4. Add to the popsicle molds.
5. Add three bourbon-soaked blueberries to each mold and freeze.
Knob Creek Dog Days
- 1 1/2 parts Knob Creek Rye Whiskey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons absinthe
- 1 3/4 parts freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 3/4 simple syrup
- 2 parts bottle ginger beer
1. In a mixing tin, add spirits, juice and syrup.
2. Fill tin with ice and shake vigorously for at least 6 seconds.
3. Strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice and tip with ginger beer.
4. Garnish with a lemon wheel and mint sprig.