We found these Nachos that are fit for a real man plus they are on the healthy side. Get ready for Game Day.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- Crispy Baked Potatoes
- 1 large (~300g) sweet potato, cut into wedges or fries
- 2 small(~500g) Russet (or red potatoes), cut into wedges or fries
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (OR other high smoke point oil, but extra virgin olive oil will do)
- Quick Chili
- 1 lb lean ground meat or veggie ground (I used lean ground bison)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can (14.05oz) crushed tomatoes
- 6 oz water (using tomato can)
- 1/2 can (~7oz) black beans
- 1/4 cup mixed Cheddar & Monterrey shredded cheese
- OPTIONAL garnish
- avocado (this is calorie dense so be sure to factor in these calories if you use it)
- Set oven to 420F/216C.
- In a sealable plastic bag add the potato wedges and seasonings. Seal the bag and vigorously shake to coat the potatoes. Place the wedges on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle the oil over the potatoes then toss them in the oil using your hands. It should be sticky.
- Spread the potatoes out on the baking tray and be sure to give them room to breathe – do NOT crowd the tray. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through. To ensure a crispy, golden coating, you can set the oven to broil for the final 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- While they are roasting, set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and add the lean ground meat. Chop it up and cook in the skillet until there are no longer any large chunks, about 2 to 3 minutes. It is ok if the meat is not fully cooked after 3 minutes – just get the chunks out. As the meat cooks, sprinkle in the chili powder.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, 6oz of water (using the tomato can), and black beans. Stir, reduce the heat to a low simmer, then cover and cook for about 30 minutes. Remove the lid after 20 minutes of cooking and continue stirring so it thickens.
- Place the baked potato wedges in an oven safe platter or bowl, then add the chili on top. Sprinkle with cheese if desired, then place back in the oven to melt the cheese for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish and enjoy with friends and family!
CALORIES 495 PROTEIN 34G FAT 17G CARBS 53G